Week 4: Task Analysis

  

Lecture Class

In today's class, Dr. Aslina gives lecture on topic 4 & 5. Following the lesson plan, we are supposed to have a presentation to update our progress from week 1 until next week. 


Week 4 Tasks

In this week, we need to do task review and task analysis for our project. After that, based on the 6 main tasks, we need to develop 3 different concept ideas. We can use sketches to develop the idea. Then, we need to choose one from the concept to further develop it, using storyboards. 


Pilot Study + User data collection

I have gone to Malaqqa Cultural House in Melaka to collect the data I needed for the project. I use inquiry and conduct interviews to really understand the users' needs, expectations, pain points and challenges. 


Task Review + Analysis

I compile the data collection and start on concept ideation. Then based on the data, I determine the existing task, then further to develop the new task using priority table. Finally, I have my 6 main tasks for this project. 





Tutorial Class

Most of the student have just conducted the pilot study and user research and we haven't compiled our data properly yet. Thus, the tutorial is moved to this Friday instead of Wednesday. In the Friday class, we all present our findings for the pilot study and user research. For my data collection, the data is considered a little bit less, so I need to try to collect more data. It can be from social media too if applicable. 


Reflection

I have conducted pilot study and user data collection at site this week. It was a very insightful day for me. It is the first time I am able to understand what users/audiences think about my own works. It is very fun to interact with them, very refreshing. They are all very kind and patience with all my questions. They share a lot of things with me. I compile all of the data and make the user persona. After this data collection process, I have a deeper understanding of what the user really wants and what are the things that they despise of. I would have a deep 

Comments

Popular Posts