Week 7&8: Paper Prototype, Heuristic Evaluation, Refinements & Usability Test

  

Lecture Class

Week 7 do not have class; the class resume on week 8. The lecturer gives lectures then we proceed to discuss the quiz answers together. The lecturer also goes through the lesson plan again to make sure we are on the correct path. 


Week 8 Tasks

This week, we need to complete usability test, create digital mock-up using SUS evaluation. It can be conducted online using online user survey. 


Paper Prototype & Heuristic Evaluation

In week 7, I developed my first paper prototype by hand drawing. I then use my first paper prototype to conduct 3 heuristic evaluations as stated in the given task. Below is my first paper prototype:


I use this prototype to conduct one physical heuristic evaluation and two online heuristic evaluation. During all of the session, I am always present, to guide and answer the users' questions if needed. I also not down their opinions and feedback. 

Refinements & Usability Test

After the heuristic evaluation, I improve my paper prototype. Below are my refinements results:






I then continue to use this second prototype to conduct 4 more usability test. The test is conducted in both physical and online too, based on the location of the participants. I too present when the usability is being conducted to record all of their reactions and feedback. 


Tutorial Class

We have a tutorial class on week 8 too. We show our current progress. We still have not yet conduct the online SUS evaluation because most of us are either on the first prototype or the second prototype. 


Reflection

During this week, I have much progress. My prototype still has a lot of flaws, the design now is currently undecided yet, I am still trying to figure out what interface is easier and appealing to the users. I will focus more on the design when I do the digital mockup. During the physical heuristic evaluation, it was pretty fun. My paper prototype consists of sticky notes, so when the user is going through the interface, we both tear and stick the sticky notes to continue to the next page. It was a pretty fun interaction and is an interesting way to test a prototype. The paper prototype can be more well developed but I do find this method is fun too. Overall, I learned a lot during the heuristic evaluation and usability test, the feedback are honest and extremely helpful. I am very grateful for all of the participants, every opinion matters. 


Comments

Popular Posts