Week 9: Digital Mock-up & SUS Evaluation

Lecture Class
The lecturer continues on giving a lecture this week then proceed to explain the future class session we will have with in the physical class. Since that most of us have finished our WBL program, the lecturer wants us to be present in the physical class for the last three weeks in this semester. The content for each week is still not fully determined yet, but there will be one week about our presentation, one week for Edu trip and one week for industry sharing session.
Week 9 Tasks
This week, we need to present our work until the digital mockup. We need to be ready with all of the materials and prepare a presentation slides for the class. But since majority of us have not finished the progress needed for this presentation, the presentation had move to next week.
Digital Mock-up
Based on the prototype from last week progress, and the feedback I gain from the heuristic evaluation and usability test, I try to create a digital prototype. I decide the theme - retro, the font, the colour scheme and the type of button used.
Based on this prototype, I then further develop it into the final digital mock-up. I also draw Mimi as a cute AI robot that will be assisting user inside this interface.
Link: https://www.figma.com/proto/EnqIdd0q69SnNAWKut9U3f/HCI?node-id=9-52&t=T3CUlzQi8nO452tn-1&scaling=min-zoom&content-scaling=fixed&page-id=9%3A51&starting-point-node-id=9%3A52
SUS Evaluation
Using this final digital mock-up, I create an online Google form to do usability test and SUS evaluation. The form is separated into 5 sections, the first one is to purely give respondents the information they need in this project, so that they have enough understanding to take the following test. The second part is to collect their basic information like name, age, occupation and etc. The third section is usability test, the fourth is SUS evaluation and finally, the last part is a short thank you note.
Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvYWKa2LE0wlcjVuWVAjLeELezJlmhLOVKP31pIsNEKXfZRw/viewform?usp=sharing&ouid=104075220753959793275
Tutorial Class
The week 9 tutorial class is joined together with week 10. So, the tutorial class next week will be 2 hours.
Reflection
I am getting nervous during this week, because soon, we are going to present our project in front of the whole class. I am still getting survey results and analyzing it. I still have a lot of works to produce in another week; I am worried that I do not have enough time to do that. So, it can be seen that my work is kind of rush, it might be the same for next week. I have been not using Figma for almost 1 year, so I was very worried that I forgot a lot of digital skills that needed to manipulate this platform, that is why I started with very simple prototype, I need to remember back the different functions in this platform. After that, I developed a complete digital mock-up that really can be use. Ever since this project start, I have been collected feedback from many people, especially my close friend and family, they might already be tired with all my questions. So, I am actually a little bit relived that the survey this time can be done online, I do not need to continue bother my close friends and family anymore. But, at the same time, I am worried that I cannot get enough results in time as the presentation soon arrived, and I need the data in order to present my works. I sent the survey form into public group in Facebook which fortunately, I am able to get some responds, it is not much, but I gain enough results at the end. I think that this usability test and SUS evaluation are really good methods to evaluate my product, as the framework is well-established and I am able to understand which part of my work is not good enough directly.
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment